As health IT marketing gurus, we are always trying to think of the next fun thing to do to keep our PR and marketing team members engaged. Here are is a list of activities we have come up with while working from home:
1. Virtual Happy Hour
We invited all of our PR and marketing team to a video conference with the option to bring family members to the screen. Any beverage was acceptable to the call, even sippy cups full of milk. We always try to make sure everyone on the team feels included.
2. Virtual Walking Meeting
Our health tech agency uses Google Hangouts to chat with each other. Back when we all had offices and worked physically next to each other, we would take "walking meetings." All of us were able to download Hangouts on our phone and use video while taking a walk in our own neighborhoods. Some made it as far as their porch, but others were able to show the few signs of Spring along the way. All in all, it was a great way to stay connected with each other, enjoy some fresh air, and be healthy. We continue to schedule these once a week.
3. Scavenger Hunt:
We asked our healthcare marketing and PR team 10 questions in an email to find 10 items in their home and share pictures of each. These were the questions:
- A book that you’ve read
- Your high school yearbook photo -or- photo of you from at least 10 years ago
- A board game you have enjoyed playing
- Playbill or ticket stub from a show you attended
- Your favorite piece of artwork in your house
- The ice cream in your freezer
- A stuffed animal
- The last pair of shoes you wore
- A postcard from somewhere you’ve been -or- one that someone you love sent to you
- A selfie (No primping allowed)
4. Question of the Day:
Every day our health tech marketers try to pose a new question to the team. Some of the questions are:
- What is your favorite meal you have had during quarantine? Who typically cooks?
- What is the oldest piece of clothing you wear on a day to day basis?
- Send your favorite meme of the day.
We all feel disconnected right now working remotely and this is one way to start the day off with the team.
Since our healthcare and IT agency is called KNB Communications, we decided to send the team a meaningful token, a stuffed bumble bee. As silly as it may sound, sending out these bees and receiving them in the mail delighted the team. Each bee is now the mascot of our team and will join us in team meetings. Having something we all can share reminds us of the strong bond our team has no matter how far our desks may be from one another.
If you have any ideas you would like to share with us, or learn more about how our agency keeps up with the company culture remotely, please feel free to reach out here.