The recurring #WeAreKNB segment gives you a closer look into who makes up the great healthcare minds behind the award-winning marketing and PR campaigns. This month, the interns interviewed each other. (Read Olivia’s responses to my questions!)The healthcare world changes, evolves and develops. It has many sectors and angles, which is why it fascinates and drives us every day. Similar to the industry we all know and love, our team here at KNB is anything but one-dimensional. Wanna keep up? Sign up for our monthly KNBeat Newsletter here!
Olivia Caron supports the KNB team as our Marketing and Communications Intern this Spring. We are grateful for her hard work and decided to highlight her this month. Here are a few questions we asked her below:What drew you to healthcare marketing?
- While earning my bachelors degree in Marketing, I have quickly learned the importance of knowing your audience. We live in a time where technology is advanced, and new ways to practice healthcare are coming out all the time. Being able to inform others about new healthcare news and technology is equally exciting as it is important. I think that being part of a healthcare marketing team has opened my eyes to how many advancements have been made in healthcare technology, and I am happy to share the news with the world.
- What do you like most about your internship with KNB?
- Throughout the start of this internship, I was nervous as this was my first internship experience, and I felt as though when working with healthcare topics, you have a responsibility to be precise and accurate. Everyone on the KNB team has been welcoming and very helpful, and although only a few weeks in, I already feel as though I have grown so much. I have also enjoyed learning about news in healthcare and healthcare technology, and have been able to share it with others.
- What is your dream job?
I am currently studying both Marketing and Finance as a double major, and I hope one day to be working in a position where I am able to utilize both of these principles. I am creative, analytical, and passionate, and I hope to use these skills every day in my future career. I also want to be working in a positive environment, with a team of individuals who want to continue to grow and challenge each other, rather than simply stay comfortable.
- What excites you most about entering the workforce?
- When I think about entering the workforce, I get equally excited as I get nervous. At 20 years old, it is hard (and a little scary) to picture me out of college and working in a full-time career. I am, though, looking forward to the opportunities to grow and progress wherever I may end up.
- What is something people do not know about you?
- One thing that not many people know about me is that I love to read, but specifically from a physical paper book. I have tried the Kindle, and ebooks for school, but nothing compares to having a physical book in my hand, and turning the page myself rather than clicking a button.